Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I have tried to capture the adventures of our little family and the trials and tribulations of our never ending garden project(s). Take a look around and leave a comment if you wish. Thanks for stopping by. Jer.

12/29/2008

Trip to National Aviary in Pittsburgh

During our 4 days in Pittsburgh, we took the kids to the National Aviary for a visit. It was a little smaller than I imagined, but worth the trip. Here are a few of our favourites.

There were two Golden Eagles at the aviary, by far the most impressive (we thought), absolutely HUGE and magnificent.


This was an Ibis of some sort that I have forgotten, a little ugly but I kinda liked him.


This is an actual Cuckoo. I like this guy too.


This American Flamingo was hilarious. He was quite territorial and tried to intimidate us with his posturing and feather ruffling.

No comments: