Welcome

Welcome to my blog. Here I have tried to capture the adventures of our little family and the trials and tribulations of our never ending garden project(s). Take a look around and leave a comment if you wish. Thanks for stopping by. Jer.

6/19/2007

Rosebud


New climbing yellow rose. I am a little intimidated by this, my first rose. I have done a lot of reading on roses and they seem to be a lot of work. I hope that it is worth the effort. If anyone has any tips for growing roses, please feel free to leave a comment. Thanks.

2 comments:

O.I.M said...

my mother seems to have the magic touch when it comes to roses. As far as I can tell it all comes down to lots of sunshine, good soil, and good pruning. I "ooh" and "ahh" at her flowers. But like you, roses scare me a bit. I don't have a single one. I do however dream of a big giant climber or rambler for my garden some day. Just have to work up the courage. Good luck with yours. It's a beauty.
Cheers.
Irena

Gus&Otto said...

I purchased a white climbing rose this year which I have yet to put into the ground - waiting for a fence to be built. So, I have no advice to offer.

I did plant my first rose last summer and it didn't go too well. It was another climbing one, and one of the stems just grew and grew (over 6ft tall) and never flowered. I was too amazed to see it grow, so I didn't prune it. This spring, I cut is back to the ground and it's growing quite well right now. Although, no flowers yet.